Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blessings

Live right and the blessing just keep pouring in....

In December I applied for a very prestigious scholarship. Not only was it based on scholastic achievement, but on overcoming of adversity such as mine.

Yesterday I received the following email...

I am pleased to tell you that you were chosen as our winner for the Soroptimist International Burlingame-San Mateo-Mid Peninsula Women's Opportunity Award.

I am mailing you a letter with more information that I will include in this email, but I wanted to touch base with you and let you know.


The judges and myself were greatly impressed by your sheer will-power and self motivation to overcome the obstacles you have been faced with. We have no doubt and are hopeful the road will be simpler for you to reach your goals in the future.

I screamed so loud when I read it that my daughter thought that I had fallen off of the computer chair! lol Life is good!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats - you so deserve this! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Cheers*

    Awesome news!!!

    You have come a long way!!!!

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I know that living right produces many many blessings. I am seeing it in our lives as well. It's a beautiful thing. God is good... Love you Sis:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing:) You deserve it,go you!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, sweetie!!! That is so wonderful! You deserve all the blessing life can bestow!!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete