Monday, February 9, 2009

Thank you Yacky for being a friend...

I was in a little bit of a funk. Yacky went out of his way to email and make sure that I was okay...for this I thank you my dear friend.

I've been "keeping on...keeping on"...as they say in the program of recovery. I am on this spiritual high. I can't believe how amazing I feel! I'm still doing the 18 units in college. I'm still doing the single mom to three kids. I'm still working the lil part time job. I'm not telling you all this to get pats on the back.

I'm telling you this...because I realized something just on Sunday. Today I have become "teachable"...today I can strive for things that I never thought were possible. I'm doing this! I'm more then half way to my AA degree. A few years back when I was still in the streets doing my dope...who would of thought? huh? lol

Today....I've learned that I'm not perfect...and you know what? Thats okay. It's progress...not perfection. Everyday...I get the privelage to work on me.

Today...I get to be a daughter...a student...a sister...a mother...a neice...a granddaughter...a friend...a cousin....

Most importantly...today...I get to be alive.

I'm go grateful to alive. I don't plan on wasting anymore time.

10 comments:

  1. Anneal~ Thank you...I'm feeling good. I'm feeling alive today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no thank you was necessary....glad you're doing better......not just better, but great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound wonderful! So glad you are back! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. yacky~ You went out of your way to reach out to me...and that meant a lot to me. Thank you my friend. :-)

    Carla~ Oh sis...how I've missed you! I'm doing absolutely amazing! I'm exhausted...but it's a good tired. You know? I will try to post more and of course read everyone else more. I love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very proud to read that you are improving you life. When you do so it also improves the lives of all those around you.

    It takes courage and strength to make these kinds of changes and I know that they are not easy.

    You will be better for it in the end. When you look at yourself in the mirror you can smile knowing you are loved.

    Best,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobby~ What a beautiful thing to say to me. Thank you. And thats all I can hope for. If I can just make a difference in one person's life...then it will have been all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to see you! Glad that things are so good. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on that. I don't want to waste anymore time in my life. It's way too short for that. Good for you Cin! Hope you continue feeling as good as you do in this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on changing your life you will be great in no matter which way your life goes . keep on keeping on
    :)

    ReplyDelete