Monday, February 16, 2009

Looks can be deceiving...

It's kinda nice when someone looks at me nowadays and says..."You used to do meth?" No way! And I say..."oh ya!"Let me tell ya...there was a day when none of ya would of recognized me or would of wanted anything to do with me. I'm so glad that those days are over.

Growing up, I was always a bit of a tomb-boy. Daddy's little girl. Always went hunting and fishing with dear old dad. Got my first b-b gun at the age of 8 or 9 and learned to shoot a shot gun sometime later. I grew up around cars and thus have a little more mechanical knowledge then your typical "woman"...lol That is said with much love ladies.

So today...I fixed the tail light and brake lights on my car. It did involve a little more then just replacing the bulbs since the dang connections had corroded and I had to literally disassemble the entire light assembly just to get them out. But I feel so accomplished today. All lights are now in good working order, which means no ticket...and more importantly...we are safe! Yay!

Okay...I'm off to do some history homework. I also finished my first english essay that was assigned this semester. I'm pretty darned proud of it. I think I did an overall good job. Hope everyone is well. Much love and respect always.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good day! Have fun with the homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the lights! You're right - that's WAY more than I could do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saint-sinner~ I did have a good day. lol Homework fun? Actually it kinda is? Omg! Did I just say that? lol

    kate~ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The downside of course is that there might be some people who will look at you and think, "Hmm, maybe they're wrong when they say meth will make you look like those people in Soviet labor camps."

    But, it's still a great accomplishment, and you're a wonderful role model to those trying to beat the addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An accomplishment indeed.

    ReplyDelete