Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today I can make a difference

I've been "keeping on...keeping on"...as they say in the program of recovery. I am on this spiritual high. I can't believe how amazing I feel!
I'm still doing the 18 units in college. I'm still doing the single mom to three kids. I'm still working the lil part time job.
I'm not telling you all this to get pats on the back.
I'm telling you this...because I realized something just on Sunday.
Today I have become "teachable"...today I can strive for things that I never thought were possible. I'm doing this! I'm more then half way to my AA degree. A few years back when I was still in the streets doing my dope...who would of thought? huh? lol
Today....I've learned that I'm not perfect...and you know what? Thats okay. It's progress...not perfection. Everyday...I get the privelage to work on me.Today...I get to be a daughter...a student...a sister...a mother...a neice...a granddaughter...a friend...a cousin....Most importantly...today...I get to be alive.

6 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great, and should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any progress, that is progress, is good progress.

    I think you're doing awesomely well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much everybody! You are all such great friends. I really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress not perfection is one of my favorite mantras. I hold on to that for dear life sometimes. I'm glad you are doing so well honey. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure sounds like you've come such a long way. Glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete