Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I woke up today not feeling very well. I think that I have a head cold. Oh great! lol I had an oral presentation due in my ethnic studies class. It went really well. I got an A. I'm home now. I'm going to take a nap.

I got a call last night. I was asking to speak at an NA meeting. I'm supposed to share my experience, strength, and hope tonight. I'm nervous as always. My friend says to just speak from my heart. If I do that...I just might start crying. Well that might be good. I feel so much passion when it comes to my recovery. It saved my life. Without recovery...I would have no life.

The other day I was with my sponsor. She was giving me my 7th step assignment. I was coming up with a whole lot of excuses why I couldn't get it done. She told me point blank that she didn't want to hear it. She said this....

I didn't tell you to be Superwoman
I didn't tell you to have three kids
I didn't tell you to take 18 units in school
I didn't tell you to work
All I care about is your recovery

This sounds harsh to the casual observer. But you know whats harsher? Relapse. Loss of what I've achieved today. Death. So I quieted myself and set to the task of working on my step. My sponsor is a very wise woman. I love her so much.

Have a blessed day!
Now get your step done!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like what we all need to keep us in line! I'm glad that you have a good rapport with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you do sound like a superwoman! I am a single mother, working full time and studying too but I have no recovery to deal with - I don't know how you manage everything. Kia kaha.

    ReplyDelete